Friday, November 14, 2008

It's A New Thing

As I sit and write this it's pouring with rain and I can hear thunder and I'm wondering will the markets even be on tomorrow and it's an important question because tomorrow brings new things to my life.......I start selling my paintings for the first time.

I began panting only 3 years ago and I've managed to accumulate a huge number of them, and with the encouragement of my well meaning family and friends I've begun to take this thing seriously, and I can't believe I'm actually doing it.

I've sold a couple of paintings to people I know, and I showed 6 paintings in an Art Show recently, but it was a very amateur show, so it wasn't hard for my work to be amongst the best. 

The thing is now I'm really stepping out.

I'm more nervous tonight than I think I've ever been even before gigs when I've sung before 1,000's of people, but I've done that since I was a child and you get used to stepping out on the stage and just doing it.......I kind of wish that's what I was doing tomorrow, singing my heart out as I've done so many times before....what if they reject me? 

We'll wait and see...........

No comments: